Christmas approaching fast, but you still can’t seem to decide on what you’ll cook for your family on that day? No worries, we’ve got you covered with three delicious Christmas-appropriate options. Find out what these options are below and let your family enjoy a memorable breakfast, lunch, and dinner on that particular day.
Sweet, healthy, and appropriate, sweet potato bites are what you should make for your loved one in the morning on Christmas. The mild, starchy, sweet flavor of the bites is simply irresistible. This mouthwatering, Christmas-suitable breakfast delicacy goes well with any beverage. Plus, sweet potatoes are loaded with beta carotene, a potent antioxidant that offers several health benefits.
Sweet Potato Bite Recipe (Serves 6-8 People)
Have no clue as to how to make sweet potato bites? Never mind, here’s the recipe. It’s quick and ready in just 40 minutes. This yields servings that are sufficient for six to eight people:
What You Will Need
- An oven.
- A large baking sheet.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes; peeled and sliced into 1/4″ thick rounds.
- 10-oz. bag marshmallows.
iii. 1 tsp.maple syrup.
- 2 tbsp.melted butter.
- 1/2 c. pecan halves.
- Salt to taste.
- First, preheat the oven to 400°.
- Next, toss sweet potatoes with maple syrup and melted butter on the baking sheet, arranging the potatoes in an even layer.
iii. Then, season the potatoes with salt and bake them until tender. Make sure to flip your potatoes halfway through the baking process(i.e after about 20 minutes).
- Thereafter, take your potatoes out of the oven and switch the oven to broil.
- Now, top each potato round with a marshmallow and return them into the oven thereafter, broiling them until puffed and golden.
- Once your potatoes are broiled, remove them from the oven, topping each with a pecan half before serving.
Herb Crusted Top Loin Roast
Lean, tender, juicy, and flavorful if roasted low and slow, herb crusted loin roast is an excellent delicacy for Christmas dinner. Plus, it’s relatively easy to make. All you have to do is mix a few spices and ingredients in a small bowl and coat your beef with the mixture.
You probably have some ingredients in your kitchen. You can conveniently source those that you don’t have online. I often use the ingredients that come with my meal kit to make crusted top loin roast. If you would like to try a reliable meal delivery service, you’ve got plenty of options. These include Sun Basket and Hello Fresh. You might want to read this engaging post to discover the similarities and differences between the two brands. For me, I use Home Chef, which is a great alternative to SB and HF.
Perfect Roast Beef Recipe
This recipe yields between 6 and eight servings.
What You Will Need
- An oven.
- A roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack.
- 4lbs. top loin roast.
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh thyme leaves.
iii. 1/4 cup. extra-virgin olive oil.
- 3 minced cloves garlic.
- 1 tbsp.chopped fresh rosemary.
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper.
vii. Salt to taste.
- First, preheat the oven to 450°.
- Meanwhile, combine rosemary, garlic, thyme, olive oil, salt, and pepper in the bowl and rub all over your roast beef.
iii. Next, place the beef in the roasting pan, roasting it for 15 minutes. After that, reduce heat to 325° and continue to roast for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours.
- Lastly, remove your roasted beef from the oven and let cool off for some minutes before serving.
Classic Roast Chicken
For dinner, nothing can better suit the occasion than classic roast chicken coated with a range of herbs, spices, and other ingredients. It’s a luscious dinner traditionally prepared for Christmas dinner in different parts of the world. This is not only a devourable delicacy, but it’s also a healthy option rich in protein, which plays several roles in the body. Here’s how to make classic roast chicken like a Pro:
Classic Roast Chicken Recipe(Serves 6)
This recipe is ready in only one and a half hours. It yields six servings. If you want more servings, be sure to adjust the quantities of your ingredients proportionately.
What You Will Need
- Paper towel.
iii. An oven.
- A baking dish.
- Aluminum foil.
- A meat thermometer.
vii. A cutting board.
- 3 1/2-lb. chicken.
- 3 medium carrots: peeled and cut into large pieces.
iii. 1 yellow onion: cut into large pieces.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 lb. quartered baby potatoes.
- 3 tbsp. melted butter.
vii. 2 stalks celery: cut into large pieces.
viii. 1 tbsp.extra-virgin olive oil.
- 1 head halved garlic.
x.1 bunch fresh thyme.
xii. Salt to taste.
- Using the paper towel, pat dry your chicken, seasoning it all over with salt and pepper.
- Then, tie the legs together and tuck wing tips under the body of the chicken. ( You can let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight if you like).
iii. After preheating the oven to 425°, toss potatoes, carrots, garlic, onion, celery, oil, and 1 tablespoon of salt on the baking dish.
- Now place your chicken on top of the ingredients, brushing it all over with melted butter and stuffing the cavity with thyme and lemon.
- Next, roast the chicken until the thermometer inserted into the center of a thigh reads 165°.
- Thereafter, wrap the aluminum foil around the meat, letting it rest for a few minutes.
vii. Finally, transfer the meat to a cutting board and carve it before serving with roasted vegetables.
Let your Christmas this year be a memorable one by making incredible and well thought out dishes for your family. For breakfast, offer sweet potato bites while for lunch and dinner, let your loved ones enjoy herb-crusted top loin roast and classic roast chicken, respectively. The individual recipes above should help you make each dish.